When you have more guests to a point your beds and sofa are no longer enough to accommodate any more, what do you do? Where do they sleep? Sometimes, situations like this are not always planned. For instance, you may have invited a couple of friends for a drink at your place, only to find them drunk and unfit to drive home. Now, you have to deal with a sleeping issue, but fortunately, I’ve got a way out – simple and easy – Floor Mattress!
Although it seems like a great idea, sleeping on your hard floor may not be an excellent choice for people dealing with back pain or bad medical history. Medical conditions make sleeping on the ground a wrong idea. However, if you can’t get a cab, then make use of a floor mattress.
Top 7 Floor Mattress
To ensure optimal support and comfort, you need a mattress specially designed to lay down on the floor as opposed to a regular bed frame. There are products meant for this, and we will be reviewing these products to help decide the best fit for you.
Milliard TWIN 6-Inch Memory Foam Tri-fold Mattress
This mattress is designed to provide comfort and support no matter where you decide to sleep. It is easy to unfold this mattress in a van, tent, mobile home, or on any floor where ever for a good night rest. Next morning, you can easily fold and stow away when not in use. Also, it is an excellent choice for an unexpected guest, visitors or when on a road trip.
Memory foam is known for offering more level of comfort, especially for those dealing with arthritis and any related orthopedic issue. The Milliard Memory Foam Tri-fold Mattress does not require a box spring support and keeps you fresh at all time; thanks to its properly ventilated top layer. The floor mattress is constructed using 1.5 inches of luxurious memory foam to give a plush feeling and a 4.5 inches of Supportive Foam Base to provide a higher level of support to prevent the mattress from losing shape.
Plus, the folding floor mattress has a dimension of 38” x 26” x 18” after it has been folded and 78” x 38” x 6” in its flat form. Above all, this mattress is a great solution to provide short-term sleeping accommodation without compromising support and comfort.
- High level of comfort
- CertiPUR Certified
- Works great anywhere
- The mattress cover is removable and features a non-slip bottom
- The product may be too hard for some users
American Furniture Alliance TriFold Mattress
The American Furniture Alliance TriFold Mattress features an average density poly foam and helps withstand occasional stress from use in the camp and dorm rooms. Its portable size makes the floor mattress easy to tag along and unfold whenever the need arises such as an unexpected guest staying overnight.
Also, it is an excellent pad for tent camping or an excellent choice for those needing a flat, comfortable laying surface for gaming and reading.
American Furniture Alliance TriFold Mattress has an extremely light product weighing about 7.72 Lb. Plus, it features carrying straps to make moving and storing away of the mattress comfortable and convenient handling. Its navy blue color may not be everyone’s choice, but once you lay your bedspread, the color doesn’t matter.
- Portable and consume less space
- Lightweight and carry straps for easy handling
- Safe to sleep on
- Some users claim the product is too thin
- Some buyers claim the mattress get flat after a couple of vigorous usages.
Best Price Mattress Tri-Fold
This tri-fold mattress from Best Mattress is manufactured using 1.5 inches of memory foam over a 2.5 inches’ high-density base foam. Its two-layer construction improves the product comfort and support.
This mattress comes with ActivFRESH charcoal, which helps absorb odors and helps the mattress retain its freshness. Plus, it features a storage bag and black carry to help keep the floor mattress protected from dust. Also, for additional protection, it comes with a removable and machine-washable zippered poly jacquard cover.
No doubt, it will be great have for people looking for a floor mattress to meet several needs like sleepovers, camping, and unexpected guests. The Best Price Tri-fold Mattress has a dimension of 25 x 33 x 12 inches
What’s more? The floor mattress is CertiPUR-US certified meeting all the strictest standards. This ensures that the product does not include phthalates, ozone depletes, harmful heavy metals, and toxic flame retardant.
- 5 inches of memory foam for a comfy feeling
- Carry/storage bag
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Zippered protective cover with a slip-proof bottom
- Some users claim the mattress lacks the much-needed support.
- Other complaints include the strong chemical odor.
Zinus Memory Foam 4-inch Tri-Fold Comfortable Portable Folding Mattress
This floor mat sold by Zinus is an excellent choice for comfort and support, whenever you decide to have a healthy sleep on the floor. The mat construction features a 3-layer construction: 1 inch of Memory Foam, 2-inch Viscolatex Responsive Foam, and 1 inch of High-Density Base Support Foam.
The Tri-Fold Comfort Floor Mat is designed to be easily rolled and comes snugly packed for comfortable and convenient delivery at your doorstep. Further, the manufacturer infuses this floor mat with a natural ingredient to aid the absorption of moisture and get rid of odor while keeping the product freshness intact.
And, above all, it featured only foam with the highest quality and certified for CertiPUR-US for content, performance, and durability. Zinus Memory Foam 4-inch Tri-Fold Comfortable Portable Folding Mattress does not contain any toxic substances, ozone depleters, and many more, which makes the product safe to sleep on anywhere you are.
- Features three-layer construction
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- BioFoam with natural ingredients to eliminate odor and absorb moisture
- Comfortable and supportive
- Easy rolled
- No other mat sizes except for the twin
- Some users complained of the mat construction and sewing.
Rolling Bed DDFR33080 Traditional Japanese Floor Futon Mattresses
This product is designed by Rolling Bed to adopt the traditional Japanese futon, which is known to offer a wide range of health benefits. The US-made floor futon is made using 100 percent polyester, white cotton filling, and foam. This unique construction help ensure you get the much-needed support and provide the desired comfort layers when laying down on the floor.
Rolling Bed DDFR33080 Traditional Japanese Floor Futon Mattresses meets the strictest flame retardant standards by law. The manufacturer ships the futon in a smaller box to reduce the cost of shipping, and, as such, makes the product affordable. Note, after opening the product, you may find a corrugated mattress, a little bit shorter in length and width, however, pulling out and stretching its two ends helps regain its original size.
- Contain a layer of foam, polyester fiber and filled with white cotton.
- Passes the strict flame retardant standards
- Comfortable and convenient to lay down and roll up the next morning
- Works excellently for yoga and exercise mat
- The black polyester cover is irremovable
- Not recommended for heavier people or those dealing with orthopedic issues.
EMOOR Japanese Traditional Futon Mattress Classe
This product, Classe, is a simple mat in the futon series with the bestselling for EMOOR. The mat improves your overall sleep quality. This pad is manufactured in Japan, a country known to make one of the best floor mattresses.
Furthermore, the product comes with 2.5 inches thick and includes a durable polyester fiber for firm feel and supportive for your back. EMOOR Japanese Traditional Futon Mattress Classe is filled with about 50% of TEIJIN MIGHTYTOP (R) II ECO. The filling is anti-mite, anti-bacterial, and deodorizing process built to last more than two years. It makes use of 100 percent cotton for its outer fabric for a luxurious feeling.
- Offers a higher level of comfort
- The TEIJIN is anti-mite, anti-bacterial, and deodorizing
- The product is complained not to inflate to its full length
- Some customers claim the product is too firm
Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress and Sofa Bed for Guests or Floor Mat
A simple, yet elegant option for those not looking for a full-size sofa bed. This floor mat is great for college dorms, apartment dwellers, family dens, road trips or limited space. Plus, you can make use of the sofa bed for camping, reading, video gaming – and also sleeping. Its cover is manufactured to be easily removed, and machine washed for soft and refreshed feeling.
Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress and Sofa Bed for Guests or Floor Mat only features high-density foam certified for CertiPUR-US standards, so no worries about a sagging mat. Equally, it is light and easy to tag along on your next road trip.
- Features high-density foam
- Removable and machine-washable cover
- Useful in multiple settings
- Firm and light
- According to some buyers, the top layer feels a tad abrasive
Best Floor Mattress Review: Buying Guide
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using Floor Mattress
It is essential to understand the upsides and downside of sleeping on the floor using any mattress.
- Laying down on the floor promote the overall blood flow throughout the entire body.
- It may help alleviate neck, joint and back pain, as well as reducing your risk of scoliosis.
- Sleeping on the floor ensures your body’s natural posture is aligned. This help gets rid of any chances of experiencing any pain when you wake up.
- During your sleep you will more access to cooler air, which makes you feel cool the entire night for a better sleep experience. Sweaty nights are one of the reasons for poor sleep quality due to constant interruption.
- It helps improve breathability for a deep, sound night sleep.
- Sleeping on the floor exposes you to dust, which could result in further health complications when dust and dirt are inhaled.
- Need to clean the surrounding regularly to avoid respiratory problems and allergic reactions.
- A situation where there is limited airflow, excessive heat and swear could bring about the floor mattress trapping all the warmth and liquid, which will form a mold layer inside the bed. And mold contributes to several acute allergic reactions.
Types of Floor Mattresses
To be precise, the market is inundated with several kinds of floor mats. However, they are all identical. Each mat has its distinct qualities, while some come with a deep root in culture such as the Japanese Tatami.
In this regard, I’d help you decide the best floor mattress to purchase by discussing the two common floor mattress we have today.
Folding Floor Mattresses
This product is ideal for people looking to keep the cushion stored away most of the times. Folding mattress like Tri-Fold often contains another mattress subtypes called sofa bed, which allows you to convert the product into a chair.
Rolling Floor Mattresses
This product is entirely different from folding bed, as it is easier to roll away and kept in a closet. Common types of the mat are futons, Thai cooling mattress, and Japanese tatami. This product cannot be used as a chair during the day.